Jul 2, 2009

FREEDOM.



free·dom: n 1. a state in which somebody is able to ACT and LIVE as he or she chooses, without being subject to any, or to any undue, restraints and restrictions 2. the RIGHT to SPEAK or act without restriction, interference, or FEAR 3. the ability to exercise FREE WILL and make CHOICES independently of any external determining force.



Dear USA,
While visiting my little sis in New York...I saw a your flag floating down the street in a sea full of people. So, naturally, I followed it to see where it was going. How beautiful those red, white, and, blue colors floated carelessly through the streets of downtown New York City. A man held tightly to the flag while a group of tourists followed faithfully behind him. It left an impression... watching those people scurry to keep up with their only point of reference...your flag. It remiinded me how grateful I am for our nations freedoms. I promise to not take for granted the opportunities you offer us each and every day. Thank you for letting me live here.
Yours truly,
-cristi dame

No comments: